Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Don´t Worry, Be Happy

This blog is in no way associated with the peace corps and are solely my views.




Ok, so I´m finally in Paraguay and able to catch a second at the local internet hang out. Unfortuantly, I don´t have a lot of time but I´ll write as much as I can.

I got here a few days ago and got assigned to live with a fantastic family in a town called Aveiro. It´s about an hour outside of the town I thought my trianing was going to be in, which is called Guarumbare (where I´m at now). Most of the volunteers in my group are living here but because I´m a ¨rural economic developmnet¨ volunteer they are preparing me and 5 others out of my 18 person group to live a little more rural.

It´s a lot like you´d picture with the red dirt roads, beautiful farm life, and less than ideal economic conditions. My family is really great. I live with a 41 year old dad and his 2 sons, ages 12 and 8. (the mom is working in spain) They are tiny and hysterical. The little one´s name is Maxi and the older one David.

O gosh, I´m getting frustrated because I only have a minute more here.

Training has been really intense over the last few days. I´m not getting any spnanish training, only Guarani, which is truly insane. But I´m speaking spanish my family so thats good. I´ve also started learning about cooperativas how they function and the kind of work I´ll be getting into when training is over.

Unfortunatly I have to go but email me your questions at matthew.lebon@gmail.com and I´ll compile them and try to answer them in my next blog. Take care everyone!

No comments: