Saturday, December 27, 2008

Che Apurahei Guaranime

This is the debut of my first song written in Guarani (with a little spanish). It was played at Peace Corps fundraiser in Asuncion. (unfortunately the video starts a little bit into the song)

The lyrics...roughly translated:

How´d you wake up?...woke up great because I got to sleep in late

Later on I´ll be workin on the farm

Drinking terere with my crew, and chattin it up

Chorus;

This is what life is like

Terere, in the shade, speaking guarani

I´m living care free/chilled out

Yo what up, how is going? Fantastic

Because I´m about to eat a kick ass bbq with my family

Later we´ll head to the soccer game, drink some beer and eat Chipa (a paraguayan bread)

Right on brother!

Chorus

I´m waiting for a girl to come through my window (a paraguayan joke)

¨Come over here for a minute¨ some good luck (The ¨come here...¨ also being a popular saying)

Unbearable is the heat here

Later on well hit the party and get sloppy drunk, Dance with beautiful women

Yeah, I´m happy in Paraguay

Chorus

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Boo,
Sounds like life is mighty fine drinking beer and wine, in Paraguay!! Love the song!!Mommy

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Love the song bro!

Hey Jo. What's up?

Jay